Current time: 04-18-2014, 09:27 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

emulator of game server
10-10-2007, 08:45 PM
emulator of game server
Hello, sorry i am too much newbie, and in addition i am from spain.

I am having a frequent question at this time.
¿Can i install a game (lol) or a simulator or emulator game server, in some domain (IP) on my hosting? , ¿by means of some command shell or...?

I try to translate this of the best possible way. And it is only a doubt.
thank.
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2007, 08:52 PM
emulator of game server
If you purchase one of DreamHost's private or dedicated servers, then yes, I imagine you can. Under the normal shared hosting plan however, no, you cannot.

--------------------------
Chips N Cheese - Custom PHP installs and the like!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2007, 09:15 PM
emulator of game server
lol

thanks, then, ¿where i can find these emulators Wink? u know how?
or DreamHost support me them.

¿Are there some plans semiannual payments for dedicated server, where prices, ?¿home page?
I hope you understand me, and thanks again, ure answer was fast.
10-11-2007, 07:12 AM
emulator of game server
I don't believe Dreamhost offers dedicated hosting plans anymore.

They do however offer Private Servers (which are also called a "VPS"), which are available for purchase within a shared account. So you'd have to first purchase a DreamHost shared account, and then within your control panel you could upgrade to a Private Server, which is an additional $15/month.

As to where to find these "emulators", I don't quite understand what you mean by it. You might want to look that word up or have someone translate its English meaning to you in Spanish, as I really don't know what you mean by it.

--------------------------
Chips N Cheese - Custom PHP installs and the like!
10-11-2007, 08:04 AM
emulator of game server
Quote:I don't believe Dreamhost offers dedicated hosting plans anymore.
They don't put it right up on their plan comparison page (not that it really compares much nowadays with the one-big-plan-plus-ala-carte-extras-fits-all plan), but their dedicated hosting plan is navigable from their plans page.

It's $395 a month. Not cheap but consider that you're getting the resources that would normally be shared amongst 50-100 regular shared plan participants. (I have no idea how many of us share a server, but decided to make up a number that would make the pricing for dedicated hosting comparable to the revenue from using that server for shared hosting)

Free unique IP and $67 off with code LMIP67 or use LM97 for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts
10-11-2007, 01:03 PM
emulator of game server
Hola gracias a todos.
Habria alguna manera mediante mi panel de DreamHost, para poder contactar con el equipo de Dreamhost y tomar ciertas pautas para contratar "cosas"? se entiende?

Mediante mail, un mail de contacto quiero decir.
Mis compañeros y yo estmaos buscando una solucion a nuestras ideas.
Y queriamos ayuda, pero yo me pierdo con tantas opciones, ademas el ingles no es mi fuerte.
gracias.

[GOOGLE TRADUCTION]

Hi thank you all.
somehow through my DreamHost panel, in order to contact the team and take certain patterns Dreamhost to recruit "things"? Means?

By mail, a mail contact I mean.
My colleagues and I are looking for a solution to our ideas.
And wanted to help, but I lose with so many options, besides English is not my strong.
Thank you.

lol i think it´s worse than my first post.
¿Why there isn´t a forum
of other lenguages ?
10-11-2007, 08:25 PM
emulator of game server
No hay foro en español, pero habemos bastantes usuarios que leemos y escribimos en mas de un lenguaje... si ya tienes una cuenta en DH y tienes acceso al panel, por supuesto que via la opcion de soporte puedes mandar un ticket preguntando sobre tus dudas, desafortunadamente solo ofrecen servicio en ingles, pero si gustas puedes, poner tu pregunta en este mismo hilo y hare lo posible por traducirla al ingles.

Tambien puedes intentar enviar correo o usar la forma de contacto, pero en todo caso la respuesta es probable que sea mas lenta en todo caso, yo tambien tengo duda de que "emulador" estas intentando correr, es muy importante que tengas en cuenta que los servidores de DH se encuentran en USA y por lo tanto estan sujetos a la legislacion norteamericana de Copyright... por lo mismo debes verificar que poseas los derechos sobre el software que vayas a utilizar.

English.
There is no spanish forum, but there are several users that read and write on more than one language... if you already are a costumer of DH and had access to the control panel, of course you can contact DH via the support ticket option asking about your dubts, unfortunately that service is english only, but if you want, you can post in this thread and I will do my best to translate.

Also you can send mail or use the contact form, but is probably that the answer take more time, anyway I'm also had curiosity about the "emulator" that you're trying to run, is very important that you consider that DH servers are located in the US and by the same need to comply with the US law about copyright... and by the same you must verify that you possess the rights over the software that are you goig to run.

---
use VICM3 for a full 97USD discount on your first year!