Current time: 04-24-2014, 09:24 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Dreamhost Couch Kid!
10-03-2007, 10:33 PM
The Dreamhost Couch Kid!
Does anyone have a stash of Dreamhost Couch Kid images I could obtain? I'm workin on my Dreamhost Rewards "campaign" (quotes because I feel pretentious sayin that) and I would like to use him, but can't seem to find much of anything that's not covered up with other stuff. Back when I was here before I had a good example of it, but it's been deleted since. Let me know and much appreciated!

Daniel
Happy Dreamhost Customer / Cult Member
Find all posts by this user
10-03-2007, 10:40 PM
The Dreamhost Couch Kid!
Are you looking for the "kid" sleeping on his back on the couch with his mouth open, or the "kid" crashed face to the wall on the couch, with his pants sliding "a little low"? Wink

--rlparker
10-03-2007, 10:59 PM
The Dreamhost Couch Kid!
I'll take anything you've got! I've used Google Image Search to find any interesting Dreamhost related images I could find, but strangely there's not a lot of variety there. I also tried Yahoo and MSN Live image searches, but didn't find many that I really liked.

Anyone with anything can send it to dwr at isara.com
10-03-2007, 11:05 PM
The Dreamhost Couch Kid!
Well, "God will probably get me" for this one, but since you asked, here is one of my "all-time favorite DH photos", which originally appeared in this DreamHost blog post from January of 2007.

I think this guy is "way mo' betta" than that other sleeping kid. Wink

--rlparker
10-03-2007, 11:09 PM
The Dreamhost Couch Kid!
Dang... that was funny indeed! I wonder if they felt that the pic on the blog was punishment enough for catching Z's on the boss's couch!

Thank you sir!
10-03-2007, 11:14 PM
The Dreamhost Couch Kid!
Ha ha ha! You are welcome. I got a kick out of the "edit" where the DreamHost "napper's" first-name, which was originally in the post, was edited out ... but nobody thought to change the file name of the photo. Great fun, all around!

--rlparker
10-03-2007, 11:30 PM
The Dreamhost Couch Kid!
And sadly, Brad has no employee profile so we can't learn more about the dude who just didn't feel up to the challenge that day.

I just spent a little while a coupla hours ago looking through the profiles, it really seems like a neat bunch of folks workin for a neat company, and I really enjoy that they share such fun moments from life around DH with us, it really goes a long way towards making us feel like we're all part of something more special that just a webhost, or any other "product". The Kool-Aid is pretty danged good!
10-07-2007, 11:01 PM
The Dreamhost Couch Kid!
I've sent word to Josh that he should do a DH blog post on the Dreamhost Couch Kid, telling the backstory and hopefully having a little video interview... I think it would be pretty fun to find out how he came to be... The Dreamhost Couch Kid... he's now an icon of sorts, no?
10-08-2007, 08:22 PM
The Dreamhost Couch Kid!
Well dang... I heard back from support on wanting some Dreamhost Couch Kid images after Mike J looked into it for me, and this was a surprise even to them... the DH Couch Kid is a stock image! He said that he always assumed him to be one of the employees kids, and I myself always figured he was probably one of Josh's friends kids (just the vibe I thought it seemed to give off)!

I have now suggested that Josh contact the photographer and see if he can get in touch with the fellow to do an interview. I wonder if the kid has any idea that he's a real deal web hosting icon?
10-08-2007, 09:18 PM
The Dreamhost Couch Kid!
That would be interesting, though I'd like to see a published interview with the "other" Couch Dude", to see how he feels about his "fame". Wink

--rlparker