Current time: 04-20-2014, 04:43 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How to install OScommerce?
08-07-2007, 05:47 PM
I am trying to install the oscommerce in my domain but I don't get. does some special procedure exist to do the installation?
Can anybody help myself?

The mistake that appears is:
register_globals is disabled in php.ini

Message for solution:
Request the provider that it enables the register_globals for ON
Find all posts by this user
08-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Quote:The mistake that appears is:
register_globals is disabled in php.ini

Message for solution:
Request the provider that it enables the register_globals for ON
Actually, it sounds as though you are doing everything correctly! Smile

That message is telling you that oscommerce wants PHP to be set up with register_globals = "ON", and that DreamHost's PHP installation has them set to "on".

The easiest "fix" for you, if you don't mind running PHP4, is to just change your domain to use PHP 4.4.7 instead of PHP 5.2.2. You can do this from the Control Panel -> Domains -> Manage Domains Screen. Just click the "edit" link on the right side of the screen adjacent to the name of the domain you are trying to install oscommerce on, edit the PHP pull-down selection box, and submit the form. Once the change is updated (a few minutes, usually - possibly a few hours), run the install again and that error should be gone.

This of course presumes that you have no other application running on that domain that require PHP5, and that you are willing to live with the risks of leaving register_globals "on". Wink

You can avoid the possible conflict with applications requiring PHP5 but just installing them, or oscommerce, in a separate subdomain.

You could also consider using DreamHost's one-click install of ZenCart. Wink

--rlparker
Find all posts by this user