Current time: 04-23-2014, 09:20 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

phpsuexec or php module?
04-24-2007, 11:36 PM
phpsuexec or php module?
I am thinking about signing up for a dreamhost account I need to know if you guys use phpsuexec or have php installed as a module my website is dependand on it being a module so it would be great if that was the case.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2007, 12:45 AM
phpsuexec or php module?
wordpress (for instance) used by dreamhost doesn't use phpsuexec itself ?

---
Get $97 Off with promo code :97USA Cool -->choose your plan (promo code included)
04-25-2007, 03:24 AM
phpsuexec or php module?
Even you can install other modules,apps by yourself through the Unix/Debian shell. So there's no limitation that you 'can only use pre-installed goodies',rather you can do mostly anything that meet the DH TOS.

Promo codes:MAXDH=$97 off,D82=2domain+$82, 6D7=7domain+$7, UIP67=1 IP+$67, DB5=150%disk&bw+$7, 2xDS=200%disk+$7
04-25-2007, 11:51 AM
phpsuexec or php module?
Quote:I need to know if you guys use phpsuexec or have php installed as a module my website is dependand on it being a module so it would be great if that was the case.
DH uses suexec and, as a result, the default configuration results in PHP running as CGI as your user. mod_php (PHP running as an apache module) is no longer available as a configuration from the control panel, though at present, you *can* still run mod_php (with the scripts running as user dhapache) as described here and here. These articles also have other explanatory info about PHP in the DH environment.

--rlparker