Current time: 04-19-2014, 06:19 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

few questions b4 signup!
11-04-2006, 12:46 PM
few questions b4 signup!
hi, im considering signing up with dreamhost but i have few questions regarding the hosting. My questions are :

1. Is mp3 (music albums)hosting allowed on dreamhost registered domains?
2. Even if these albums have copyright restrictions on them?
3. If i am doing something wrong unknowingly, will i get a warning or my account will be cancelled imediately w/o 2nd chances?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2006, 12:56 PM
few questions b4 signup!
no, no hosting company on earth will LEGALLY allow you to upload copyrighted mp3 files to their servers, buy your music
11-04-2006, 03:00 PM
few questions b4 signup!
Dude. Let me get this straight. You are asking what would happen if you "unknowingly" upload mp3 files ripped illegally from copyrighted albums? Er... that's a tough one. Let me think about it for a second and get back to you.

<second>...</second>

I've given it some thought, and I've come to the conclusion that you must be retarded.

--------
Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code SCJESSEY97
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2006, 04:09 PM
few questions b4 signup!
lol im thinkin about puttin my collection of albums i have bought and sharing it by putting it up on the website. Thats what i was trying to say. Is that allowed?
11-04-2006, 04:17 PM
few questions b4 signup!
Quote:im thinkin about puttin my collection of albums i have bought and sharing it by putting it up on the website. Thats what i was trying to say. Is that allowed?
No. Absolutely not. Your account will almost certainly be terminated, and you would most likely get a letter from the RIAA's lawyers.

--------
Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code SCJESSEY97
11-04-2006, 07:01 PM
few questions b4 signup!
Unless you actually had the rights to legally distribute the music, why do think it would be allowed?

---
Save $97 on all yearly plans with the promo code DREAMZAP -- zaps the monthly plans too!
11-04-2006, 07:55 PM
few questions b4 signup!
Unless it's your own compositions?
11-04-2006, 08:34 PM
few questions b4 signup!
You make a very valid point, sarawalliams. There is no problem hosting mp3s as long as you are the artist or have the express consent of the artist, provided they still have the rights to give. If they previously sold the rights to a recording company or something, then it's not allowed.

This post by munna explains why he's either a troll, or just really naive.

Quote:lol im thinkin about puttin my collection of albums i have bought and sharing it by putting it up on the website. Thats what i was trying to say. Is that allowed?
http://benconley.net
http://teamshocker.com
11-04-2006, 09:16 PM
few questions b4 signup!
He's RIAA looking to see if they should seize DH's records and cruise all the hosters...
11-04-2006, 09:32 PM
few questions b4 signup!
Quote:He's RIAA looking to see if they should seize DH's records and cruise all the hosters...
That wouldn't surprise me, given the behavior of the RIAA over the last few years, anything is possible Smile

Mark

--
Save $50 on DreamHost hosting using promo code SAVEMONEY ( Click for promo code details )