Current time: 04-18-2014, 03:36 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"no input file specified." error
08-10-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm really scratching my head over this one. I'm using PHP and generally it's working, but it seems as though a particular directory only returns the above error with the index.php file. I've even reduced it to just a blank file (with just the <? ?> delimiters), or even NOTHING, and I still get that output. If I try to access a non-existant file I get the usual 404 error, but for some reason the PHP process chokes on the file.
Anybody know what gives?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2006, 04:57 PM
This could be the result of several conditions/circumstances. If you provide a little more info, we could help you better.

1) What version of PHP are you running?

2) Is this a hand-coded application you have written, or are you having problems with a published package we can look at.

3) Sometimes a url for your site will let us look at what is happening and give us a clue.

There are some subtleties with PHP-CGI that couls have a bearing on this, for instance, check out this post:

http://rephrase.net/days/05/01/php-cgi-n...cified-fix

--rlparker
08-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Well, I believe somebody adjusted some setting somewhere, perhaps to do with the CGI, since I am no longer experiencing that particular problem.

Thanks for your feedback though, rlparker!