Current time: 04-24-2014, 09:23 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

looking at Dreamhost
08-09-2006, 12:12 PM
looking at Dreamhost
I am considering Joining dreamhost, but not while it goes through all these growing pains.

When do you expect to be back to perfoming as a reliable hosting provider?

Sincerely,
Vince
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2006, 04:33 PM
looking at Dreamhost
I think the growing pains related problems passed. Those seemed more linked to price drops & promo codes, which have now been around quite some time.

These last problems were more related to the data center & power outage.

--------------------------------------------------------
Tongue Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with 96DOLLARSOFF promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with TAKESEILERSCASH.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-23-2006, 12:01 PM
looking at Dreamhost
Run away now, while you can!!!

And don't let any of those commission seeking yahoo's convience you otherwise.

Just read this:

http://futurosity.com/231/why-dreamhost-sucks
Find all posts by this user
08-23-2006, 01:52 PM
looking at Dreamhost
Yeah, listen to this loser. That's gotta be his site and he's spamming it all over DH because it has his promo code on it, as well as referral links. That, or he really considers a complaint from over a year ago to be a newsflash that will change the way the world thinks about web hosting.

He's much more trustworthy than those of us that have been here for years and pass our commission onto you with a max-discount promo code, while he's making a minimum of $47 per customer with his $50 off promo code.

Anyway, if you want to read complaints, there are plenty of them right here, mixed in with the positive reviews.

08-23-2006, 06:49 PM
looking at Dreamhost
seiler,

i think "anonymous vince" and "dreamhost sucks" may be the same person - just a hunch....knowing my reputation some of you probably think it was me Tongue....those of you that know me, know that i do not believe in promo codes or even adsense Wink

IAmAtMyWitsEnd
08-24-2006, 01:09 AM
looking at Dreamhost
Quote:....knowing my reputation some of you probably think it was me Tongue
Naaa...

We just figured it was someone you were training to fill in for you when you're on vacation. Tongue

08-24-2006, 01:53 AM
looking at Dreamhost
I am of the mind that most of these posts that attack DreamHost are part of an orchestrated campaign against them. Possibly by a failing rival... or alien beings from another planet who have no access to the DreamHost Blog or the pleasures of musical nose flute playing.

I actually had IAmAtMyWitsEnd as number one suspect but eliminated him quickly because the spam posts had big words in them. Smile Plus, he said it was not him.

My new top suspect is the bloke who weighs the sprouts in the local shop called 'The Happy Shopper'. See the connection?

--
Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts'.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! Angry

You act on my advice at your own risk!
08-24-2006, 02:54 AM
looking at Dreamhost
Ha! "Good Stuff, that!" You may be right, but I'm with Seiler on this one...the "hit and run" link-spam to the site where his promo code lives makes it pretty obvious. sigh...

Quote:I actually had IAmAtMyWitsEnd as number one suspect but eliminated him quickly because .... Plus, he said it was not him.
You *do* realize that his "protestation of innnocence" could be a feeble attempt at misdirection...but I'd like to believe him on this one. Something seems to be changing in his posts; he used to only show up to harp about how bad things are at Dreamhost, but of late he seems to be making an effort to participate more fully in the discussions (or is that just another piece of misdirection?)... Or maybe it is all part of the "WebGuerilla" qualities he lists in his bio... Wink

He took me to task several days ago for "profanity" and "not being nice", but when I responded asking him to clarify and offering to edit my post, he went silent for a few days, then returned and seems to be trying to be more a part of the community.

I think "the jury is still out", but I'm willing to "see how the plot develops"....

--rlparker Smile
08-24-2006, 03:00 AM
looking at Dreamhost
Quote:...some of you probably think it was me Tongue....those of you that know me, know that i do not believe in promo codes or even adsense Wink
Ah! But who really "knows" you...not believeing "in promo codes or even adsense Wink" could all be a WebGuerilla tactic Wink

--rlparker
08-24-2006, 03:27 AM
looking at Dreamhost
I cleared IAmAtMyWitsEnd as the spammee on the grounds that IAmAtMyWitsEnd (Must take ages to type his name in?) appears to be an inveterate texter. All his sentences start with lower case letters. Enough to cause apoplexy in my grammar teacher. Mind you she was a strange woman. Smoked a pipe and had a beard and called herself Mr Jones. She was a good footballer though.

That just leaves the DreamHost staff now.

I saw your interchanges with IAmAtMyWitsEnd. My, they were long pieces. They should have been serialised. I got lost after a few sentences and could not work out who to vote for in the end, so count me as a 'do not know'. Smile

--
Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts'.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! Angry

You act on my advice at your own risk!