Current time: 04-24-2014, 09:22 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DeamHost Tower
07-21-2006, 03:09 AM
DeamHost Tower
I just had a look with Google Earth for DreamHost Towers using the contact address 417 Associated Rd.
Brea. But according to GE it is just a tree! How do they get servers to run up a tree? Very odd.
Or is the tree just a postal forwarding tree?

--
Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts'.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! Angry

You act on my advice at your own risk!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2006, 05:56 AM
DeamHost Tower
Quote:But according to GE it is just a tree!
The tree is actually a disguised communications tower. By entering the small door at the base of the tower, employees can enter the elevator that leads to the DreamHost Master Control Center (MCC).

The elevator has to travel at very high speed to descend to the MCC in just 90 seconds. Buried deep into the Earth's mantle, the MCC draws power from geothermal energy (a necessary enhancement since the LA power outage debacle). Because it is so large, employees must use electric vehicles to get around the complex. These are charged from the geothermal generator by simply parking them in any of the special bays that are dotted around the MCC.

Engineers spent two years digging out the vast cavern, but the DreamHost torpedo created a habitable environment in less than a day. Minor server outages are caused by instability in the DreamHost matrix - the result of using protomatter in the DreamHost torpedo. Other side effects include the tendency by DH employees to quote lines from Melville,. Despite the depth, the MCC is still plagued by the occasional neutrino incursion. These manifest themselves as file server issues.

--------
Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code SCJESSEY97
07-21-2006, 07:54 AM
DeamHost Tower
it is just a tree!

That's just the LDAP server.

--
If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.
07-21-2006, 09:47 AM
DeamHost Tower
They would have to be extremely thin employees! I would get stuck on the first floor.

Seems to be a strange area altogether. There is a Chevy Chase Drive nearby. I bet the residents have fun giving out that address.

--
Norm

07-21-2006, 09:48 AM
DeamHost Tower
Quote:That's just the LDAP server.
Does it use interleafing?

--
Norm

07-21-2006, 11:24 AM
DeamHost Tower
Seems to be a strange area altogether.

Orange County often is. Brea, like much of OC, is a city consisting entirely of tract houses, office parks, and a mall. It's the very definition of suburban sprawl.

There are worse places to be in OC, though; at least it isn't south county.

--
If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.