Current time: 04-24-2014, 01:52 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Service Unavailable" caused by code error?
03-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I am totally puzzled by this. I don't know if DH changed something or what, but my script that has worked for a couple months suddenly is having trouble. It's giving me an error "Service Temporarily Unavailable" half the time. It's a simple script, where you pass it some text and a few options and it prints it to a graphic and saves it as a gif. Now it's being picky about what text it will print, giving that error when it refuses. I can't correlate any particular change in text to when it errs. And I don't understand why my error handling doesn't work and it gives me the generic Sevice Unavailable error instead of giving a code error.

I've tried several different text strings, just random things, and made a list to try to identify what it's not liking, but like i said, i see no pattern.
For example this works just fine:

mystatus2.php?username=gnznroses&password=PASSWORD&text=*BFreeGadgets4Me : *GReceived $2 25*B||FreeComputerAddons : *GReceived DVD Burner&font=crystal_clear&background=white

yet this doesn't:
mystatus2.php?username=gnznroses&password=PASSWORD&text=*BFreeGadge teive225*B||FreeComp utner*B||Tr oon*B||Free Pae*B||&font=crystal_clear&background=white

[note that in the url the spaces are url-encoded, a % sign then 20, but this forum is converting them]

Why would the script give a 503 error if it's caused by the code? And why would it work fine for months and now it suddenly has this problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2006, 07:18 PM
i'm being told by others that 503 - service temporarily unavailable is definitely a server problem and should not be caused by any code problems. so should i contact DH support or will they not help with anything related to scripts?
03-11-2006, 12:51 PM
have some new info in case it'll help anyone identify the problem:

[Fri Mar 10 09:41:15 2006] [error] [client 24.63.184.224] mod_security: Access denied with code 503. Pattern match "\\|+.*[\\x20].*[\\x20].*\\|" at THE_REQUEST. [hostname "bashfreebieguide.com"] [uri "/mystatus/mystatus2.php?username=USER&password=PASS&text=AnyGift4Two : *G??*B||FreePay: GiftCards : *G4 / 5 *Y(1 Pending)*B||FreePay: Laptops : *G0 / 20*B||FreePay: PS3s : *G0 / 8*B||FreePay: PSPs : *G0 / 5*B||FreePay: XBox360s : *G0 / 8*B||Trainn: YourPS34free : *G0&font=gapstown&background=transparent"]