Current time: 04-23-2014, 11:05 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Location of DreamHost
01-19-2003, 12:53 PM
Location of DreamHost
I want to know the location of Dreamhost like are you in the US, UK, or what not for the pricing,
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2003, 06:04 AM
Location of DreamHost
Dreamhost are located in the States but host all sorts of international sites and can accept payments from the UK with ease (I know -- because this is what I do). I believe they have two data centeres which they are currently consolidating, maybe in CA?

- wil
Find all posts by this user
01-20-2003, 12:48 PM
Location of DreamHost
I'm not sure if that's actually representative of where their data centers are, though.

- wil
01-20-2003, 02:03 PM
Location of DreamHost
We're in Los Angeles. By next week, we'll have all of our machines in one facility (in downtown LA). We may be moving our offices as well (in which case we'd most likely be in the same building, which would be nice).
01-20-2003, 02:03 PM
Location of DreamHost
Thanks for the clear up.

And, long time no speak. Hope all is well. :-)

- wil
01-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Location of DreamHost
I don't know if there's a picture of "the building" anywhere, but it's the building in "She's Out of Control" from the 80s (with Tony Danza). It's a huge (and beat up) old art deco office building (white and pink on the outside). We're going to miss it if we end up moving out.

It would probably be possible to figure out where the servers are if you really cared, but pretty much all I'll say is that they're in a carrier-neutral provider in downtown Los Angeles.