Current time: 04-24-2014, 09:25 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

more tclsh ?
01-12-2003, 12:05 AM
more tclsh ?
Hi again,

Well changed the script to call out what Will had put, but I now get an error that says "The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /cgi-bin/score.tcl." I tried changing the posting to GET, but that doesn't even make sense, but thought I should try and, of course, it didn't work.

Here is the page that I am trying to run the script from: http://lifewisecoaching.com/html/test.html

I don't know if the script is poorly written or just won't run at DH. Client purchased without me knowing anything about it, and just said install it. Yeh, sure. ;-)

Well, of course, eternally grateful for any guidance. May have to go to DH support to see if they have any guidance.

TIA,
deb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2003, 02:25 AM
more tclsh ?
Quote:Well changed the script to call out what Will had put, but I now get an error that says "The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /cgi-bin/score.tcl." I tried changing the posting to GET, but that doesn't even make sense, but thought I should try and, of course, it didn't work.

Here is the page that I am trying to run the script from: http://lifewisecoaching.com/html/test.html
I haven't tried to run tclsh script myself, but I went to that page and pull the URL out the form and plugged it into the address bar. Mozilla asked to save score.tcl and it ends up I got the source code. Have you set the permissions correctly to 0755 ? Assuming it still doesn't work after setting the permissions, here are some snippets from the Apache manual:

The source code of your CGI program or a "POST Method Not Allowed" message
That means that you have not properly configured Apache to process your CGI program. Reread the section on configuring Apache and try to find what you missed.

The above directive tells Apache to permit the execution of CGI files. You will also need to tell the server what files are CGI files. The following AddHandler directive tells the server to treat all files with the cgi or pl extension as CGI programs:

Code:
AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl
Try adding this to an .htaccess file:

Code:
AddHandler cgi-script tcl
The GET method would work if the script is able to read the QUERY_STRING enivornment variable, however that script is written to only read the STDIN filehandle.

Laterz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply