Current time: 04-20-2014, 12:07 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Moveable Type problems - unknown MySQL Host Server
01-04-2003, 04:53 AM
Moveable Type problems - unknown MySQL Host Server
When trying to load mt-load.cgi I get the following message;

"Loading initial data into system...
An error occurred while loading data:
Connection error: Unknown MySQL Server Host 'mysql.kitchkitten.net' (2)"

I have set up the host in the Dreamhost Panel almost 2 days ago and it still is not recognising it. The Panel says it is active and I can access the phpMyAdmin interface using my username and password.

I have loaded the files in ASCII and I have changed permissions on .cgi files to 755.

Also, the Moveable Type installation on another domain which was previously working now appears to be corrupted since I have installed a new database and hostname. I can't get it to accept my old username and password. I can't get it to accept Melody/Nelson. I can't get it to accept any username / password configuration I have ever used. I have deleted all cookies and I have even tried to re-run mt-load.cgi which gets an internal server error (500) message.

I have already spent so long trying to make this work. I have read the instructions a zillion times and can barely see them anymore. I have experimented all I know how or can guess with the databases, and I have read all the forums I can find and tried all of thier suggestions and I still can't get either database to work. I am going utterly bonkas. Can anyone help - please??
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Moveable Type problems - unknown MySQL Host Se
This domain doesn't appear to be registered, and our servers aren't configured for it either. Are you sure that's the right domain?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Moveable Type problems - unknown MySQL Host Se
Bah! You know what is was? I had misspelled my domain name in the sql line of mt.cfg. I just *knew* it would be something little and simple that I had overlooked and just couldn't see. Hence my double checking a squillion little things, but I missed that one. That's what happens when I get flustered...

Thanks for your help Will Smile

Now I just have to figure out why my confirmation pages are missing and what the deal is with the password problem on the other domain. Gee whiz this is fun! But I am relieved that the missing domain problem is resolved...