Current time: 04-16-2014, 05:55 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Seeking Programmer in LA....
07-13-2002, 09:37 AM
My partner and I would like to work with a programmer here in LA. Knowledge of PERL/CGI and PHP is crucial. We will pay on a per project basis at the going rate. If such a person is interested in joining our team that would be peachy as well.

A Westside denizen would be perfect however we'll consider anyone within reasonable driving distance.
Incidentally, we are both instructors at Santa Monica College - (not programming unfortunately )

Oh well reply to this mesage if it piques (thanks Will) your curiousity and we'll go from there.

Gracias...
Find all posts by this user
07-13-2002, 09:44 AM
I'll certainly ask around... there should be a lot of people like that out here!

(btw, I think you mean 'pique' rather than 'peak').
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-13-2002, 09:51 AM
Hey Will... Noticed that after I posted... I'm on virtual memory right now... (3 hours sleep)
Good thing I don't teach English huh -- (Well my excuse is that it's of French origin.Smile
Is there a way to edit that, it'll keep me even more awake than I already am...

Thanks....
07-13-2002, 09:52 AM
Ahhh.... got it....
07-13-2002, 09:59 AM
One of my favorites --->
http://www.Engrish.com
07-13-2002, 10:11 AM
English (was Re: One of my favorites --->)
Quote:http://www.Engrish.com

This is one of those sites that's offensive, and yet still kinda funny at the same time. I'm sure we'd do much worse if we tried to make signs in Japanese.

I'm not at the building right now, but there's a hilarious sign from China that Josh put up in the bathroom at NDN hq. 10 points to any employee who remembers what it says without going to check.

BTW, I think in that context, it would be 'piques your interest', not 'pique your interest'.

I guess I'm going to have to start spell checking my posts now, before someone starts noticing all *my* mistakes (people at the office just love to get on my case when I make spelling or grammar mistakes).

Did anyone read that great David Foster Wallace article in Harper's called 'Tense Present'? There's an online version at:
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m1111/1...rint.jhtml , however the formatting makes it much harder to read than the actual article - if you can find a print or PDF copy, I'd recommend giving it a read.

Unfortunately, I come from a long line of SNOOTs.

As an aside, ispell doesn't like 'piques':

0: pique
1: piqued
2: piquet
3: pique s
4: pique-s
07-13-2002, 10:21 AM
English (was Re: One of my favorites --->)
I know... Engrish.com could potentially be offensive - it was intoduced to me by a Japanese student. I can't write one word in Japanese but they try sooo hard with English and it's adorably innocent. My favorite thing to do is go to Nijia and Mitsua markets to check out the packaging. It's Art, plain and simple. I dream of taking a Japanese class someday.

Thanks snooty! (Reminds me of comics I read as a kid "The Toughs and The Tuffs" )

Smile
07-16-2002, 04:58 AM
Out of curiosity what do you teach at SMC? I'm just wondering if my boyfriend ever had you as an instructor. He only went there for 10 years so he should know everybody. LOL All those years and one degree and he has finally decided what he wants to do. If SMC was closer I'd go there. Since El Camino is closer to me I'll be going there.

Anyways, a friend of mine in West L.A. is a programmer. I'll email him and ask if he's interested or if he knows anyone interested. If you need someone who knows HTML really well, I'm your girl Wink LOL I know more than just that but not well enough. I'll let you know what my friend says.

Christy