Current time: 04-23-2014, 11:06 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Help! Multiple MIVA stores on one account?
03-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Help! Multiple MIVA stores on one account?
Is anyone doing this? It seems like an obvious thing to do, but the Kbase is not very helpful in explaining what or how this is done.

Since my CodeMonster account allows for up to 15 domains, I have 2 (or 3... maybe more) different domains that would like to have a store.

First, can this be done (is anyone here doing it?) and second, what is the best way to structure this?

I envisioned setting up one generic sounding domain as the "host" for the Miva Merchant, and a sub-domain of that as the location for the "secure" portion of the server.

Then, somehow I would set up separate "stores" for each domain client that needed an online store. But that's the part isn't clear. How do you do that?

Or, is it much simpler, and you simply do a NEW install of MIVA for each domain you want a store for, and re-use the same license for each install?

That doesn't really sound right... but, maybe?

So please... if anyone is running multiple MIVA stores on a single DH Codemonster account, could you please post to at least let me know it is posible. I've written to tech support, but haven't heard back yet.

My last tech support request went 24+ hours without a response, so I'm not hopeful for quick reply.

Many thanks!

Jem
Find all posts by this user