Current time: 04-21-2014, 02:54 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Malware warning, please advise
03-18-2012, 05:08 AM
Malware warning, please advise
Hi everyone, I’m pretty new to website building and mainly just edit my sites in Macromedia contribute but have recently started using Dreamweaver MX 2004.

Apparently I have a malware warning on one of my sites.

My PC has just been reformatted so I have reinstalled Dreamweaver and need to make a new connection to my site. I have the site files on my PC already so should I just make a connection and NOT download the site files and so just re-upload the files I have after finding and deleting the malware script?

I assume it will be safe to make a connection while this malware script is there?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2012, 11:53 AM
RE: Malware warning, please advise
Yes, it's safe to make a connection over S/FTP if you don't download from server to PC.

With respect to restoring your site, if you still have all the required files on your PC you might get away with simply renaming the domain.com directory on the server to domain.com.old, then create a brand new domain.com directory and upload the backup of your site (which are possibly not exploited) from your PC into the new domain.com directory.

That'd be the easiest way - again assuming your backup files are complete and not exploited.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply