Current time: 04-24-2014, 09:23 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Foswiki?
01-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Foswiki?
I am interested in installing Foswiki. However, unlike most other web software I have installed such as MyBB or MediaWiki, the installation of Foswiki seems to be overly complex. I'm not a programmer or a qualified system admin. The installation guide seems to be beyond my level of expertise.

Despite its installation discouraging me, its community seems quite brilliant and the software itself is better suited to my needs than the popular MediaWiki. It seems to have many more requirements than MediaWiki. Could somebody please tell me if a standard DreamHost account without any extra bells and whistles is capable of installing this? I've used the shell before but my Unix knowledge is limited, and to be honest I don't have the foggiest idea of how to install this without the fear of breaking something.

Since it's unlikely I'll be able to install this without a massive series of RTFM Unix and Linux sessions which will detract from my other tasks, have there been many cases of hiring a geek on here to install software? Keep in mind I'm quite poor and since my site exists for recreational purposes without any profit whatsoever, my budget is limited. But if anybody's willing to help out with this, please let me know.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2012, 09:52 PM
RE: Foswiki?
i run it on DH. it's really not that complex to set up. i might be able to help you out.
01-07-2012, 06:51 AM
I'd appreciate that. I use GTalk/Jabber, Skype and WLM if that would make communication easier, or we could just communicate via PM and I'll make a user account for you. If you can help please PM me with a price, or if you're willing to do it for free I'd be happy to leave a tip to express my thanks. Smile Cheers.
01-07-2012, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 06:08 PM by bobocat.)
No charge. Foswiki is free and since I can't really give back to the project, I'll give forward :-P

PM doesn't work, so I'll try to email you.