Current time: 04-20-2014, 02:38 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VPS and MySQL
09-26-2011, 12:42 PM
VPS and MySQL
Is there a reason the there are 2 VPS options?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2011, 10:06 PM
RE: VPS and MySQL
The "regular" VPS plan doesn't include a MySQL server, so you'll want to either use the MySQL databases provided with your shared hosting plan, or purchase a separate MySQL VPS. Basically, you can get a VPS for MySQL and a VPS for everything else.
03-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Is that actually the case? In the product comparison the VPS column has MySQL Databases "Unlimited", the same as for shared hosting. Does a VPS still require you to also have a shared hosting account? You definitely need to pay extra if you want both a VPS and a dedicated VPS for MySQL, but I was under the impression that a VPS account had the same access to shared MySQL as shared plans do, since they use different servers anyway.

Personally I have a bunch of web-sites, but only one that's currently overwhelming my shared host, so I may well run both a shared plan and a separate VPS for the high-volume site, but nothing in the product details or the comparison table suggests that it's required.
03-16-2013, 02:31 PM
That was the case when this post was made in 2011, but it's outdated.

We now throw shared MySQL hosting in for free with a web VPS; a shared account is no longer necessary.