Current time: 04-23-2014, 12:30 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
07-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
hi there
i have set up a database and it all seems correct, i have more databases up and they work fine its just this one, and i get this error:

has anyone else had this?

heres the link

http://www.timaru.gen.nz/koolphp/Install...1&err=true

trying to set up "koolphp"

thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2011, 06:39 PM
RE: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
You probably left the "hostname" field blank. Fill it in with your MySQL hostname (probably mysql.timaru.gen.nz) and try again.
07-10-2011, 07:01 PM
RE: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
(07-10-2011 06:39 PM)andrewf Wrote:  You probably left the "hostname" field blank. Fill it in with your MySQL hostname (probably mysql.timaru.gen.nz) and try again.

hi there
no its filled in ie:
shop.timaru.gen.nz

very strange?
is there anyway you could have a look

cheers
07-11-2011, 06:11 AM
Are you able to log into your database via DH panel --> Goodies --> MySQL Databases?

Maximum $97 off with promo code: 97YES Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2011, 03:04 PM
(07-11-2011 06:11 AM)patricktan Wrote:  Are you able to log into your database via DH panel --> Goodies --> MySQL Databases?

hi there

yes of course!!!! i logged on to DH panel --> Goodies --> MySQL Databases.

thats were i create the host and upload my databases
12-13-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm having the same problem: i use the DH Web Panel -> Toolbox -> MySQL Databases to make a new database. i can see several entries in the Hostname list. When I go to connect to the new DB, i get :
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

This happens no matter which hostname I use. Btw, this is the error i get when trying to connect using "mysql mysql.mydomain.com" in an SSH session with my DH account.

Anyone find a solution to this?
12-13-2011, 08:53 AM
The error message you're getting indicates that the MySQL hostname isn't set correctly. You're putting the hostname where the name of the database belongs.

Try:

Code:
mysql --host=mysql.mydomain.com mydatabasename
08-19-2012, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2012 10:33 AM by nhed.)
RE: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
This is my first post here. I had the same problem and have contacted my hosting account. They resolved it. But took about 18 hours to resolve the issue. Hope this helps.

(12-13-2011 08:53 AM)andrewf Wrote:  The error message you're getting indicates that the MySQL hostname isn't set correctly. You're putting the hostname where the name of the database belongs.

Try:

Code:
mysql --host=mysql.mydomain.com mydatabasename
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user