Current time: 04-24-2014, 09:23 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WP multi-site & more
03-10-2011, 08:07 AM
WP multi-site & more
I currently have a WP site hosted by Dreamhost. I also have a Frontpage site hosted by another hosting co. I want to move/recreate the FP site to a WP site hosted by Dreamhost. Since I can utilize the multi-site option in WP3.1, I think that would be most efficient. My question is how do I go about doing this? Do I set up multi-site in WP first? Create the 2nd (FP) site as a subdomain or subfolder?

Any help is appreciated!

Marcia

Marcia
breastfeedingatfullcircle.com
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2011, 12:01 PM
RE: WP multi-site & more
If it's just two sites, and they sound like they're not similar, I'd just install a second WordPress site.

Multi-site is better if the sites are very similar and use a common set of themes and plugins. WordPress is pretty easy to maintain, so a second site isn't too much of an administrative burden.

However, if you *really* want to do multi-site, first enable Multi Site. Then create a Mirror (via the DH panel) of your site and call it sub.example.com (I'm not sure if multi-site will support a separate domain), and then add that subdomain to your WordPress admin panel for multi-site.

-Scott
03-14-2011, 06:32 AM
RE: WP multi-site & more
I've been thinking about this and I agree that I just might as well create a second Wordpress site. They will be similar but I've been maintaining them separately anyway so this won't be a problem. Thank you for replying.

Marcia
breastfeedingatfullcircle.com