Current time: 04-23-2014, 08:53 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Joomla 1.6 on One-Click Installs
01-22-2011, 05:39 AM
Joomla 1.6 on One-Click Installs
Any estimates as to when Joomla 1.6 will be available via One-Click Install?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-23-2011, 04:54 AM
RE: Joomla 1.6 on One-Click Installs
(01-22-2011 05:39 AM)Citizen Wrote:  Any estimates as to when Joomla 1.6 will be available via One-Click Install?

I have exactly the same question. Looking to create a new site asap and want to use the most up to date version. All extensions I need for the new site is available in 1.6 just need the site to be available via the one-click installs. Cheers, welldunn
Find all posts by this user
01-23-2011, 07:04 AM
assuming you have a hosted account, there's nothing stopping you from installing it yourself. It's usually pretty simple. If you don't want to try, then install the version DH has, then do a manual update.
01-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Are manual installations covered in DH's automatic upgrades, that they often offer for the one-click installations?
My impression was "no".
01-23-2011, 01:35 PM
No, we have no way of knowing about any manual installations you've set up.
01-24-2011, 06:10 AM
(01-23-2011 07:04 AM)bobocat Wrote:  assuming you have a hosted account, there's nothing stopping you from installing it yourself. It's usually pretty simple. If you don't want to try, then install the version DH has, then do a manual update.

Thanks Bobocat, excuse my ignorance but where would I go to find instructions on how to do a manual install on my DH hosted site? I've run out of places to look (probably a man's look though). Cheers, welldunn
01-24-2011, 06:21 AM
http://help.joomla.org/content/category/15/99/132/
01-24-2011, 11:13 AM
From what I currently understand (I'm not on the team that manages our one-click apps), Joomla 1.6 is going to have to wait a bit. As of right now, there's no official way to do an automated upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6, and the unofficial way (jUpgrade) is known to sometimes cause data loss.

Since our one-click system currently assumes that there's only ever one "correct" version of an application, and that everyone always needs to upgrade to the latest version, Joomla 1.6 will not be available through the standard install process until there's a clear path for users to upgrade to it from older versions.

The same goes for the Drupal 7 one-click, incidentally. It's sufficiently different from Drupal 6 that we will be proceeding very cautiously with the upgrade.
01-24-2011, 08:46 PM
(01-24-2011 11:13 AM)andrewf Wrote:  . . . Joomla 1.6 will not be available through the standard install process until there's a clear path for users to upgrade to it from older versions.

dis-like. Since no one has a perfect upgrade path, the community should not expect one from DH and should not have to wait for it to get the next version of Joomla.

can I get an up-vote, people?
01-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Really? Joomla doesn't have an upgrade path for their 1.5 users?

If Joomla has gotten to the point WordPress has, it'd have a built-in updater negating the need for the One-Click system, as I've found to be the case with WordPress.

-Scott