Current time: 04-23-2014, 09:20 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WHAT TH3E HECK IS GOING ON AT DREAMHOST!?
01-02-2011, 01:19 PM
WHAT TH3E HECK IS GOING ON AT DREAMHOST!?
I been a customer since 2002 and it has been awesome. however MY personal domain http://www.connected.la has been down for 1 month. I know it's not anything i'm doing, i use your 1 click install to install it.

Since you guys have moved to this newinterface with

1.Simple install, which gives you no control at all over the files themselves that are related to wordpress, infact simple install creates a invisible subdomain that is impossible to find.

2. The custom install does not work at all, which is the one i want to use. I've tried with my own database and create new database, with no luck. the onclick install is not installing whatever it needs to install for it to work.

i have gone as far as completely deleting my domain name, user name, and mysql database, re-registered each and still noting comes up. i been told by customer service that my usage is high, so i moved to a vps, AND THE SAME EXACT PROBLEMS EXIST. I would really like to get my personal portfolio site back up this week. it's how i sell to end users. i kind look real dumb not having my own site up.

this is the newest install i have done that does not work
http://iam.connected.la/wp-admin/install.php

you guys rocks, i'm not going anywhere, but i need some better answers. i must have read the whole wiki this month looking for answers, and i really feel lost on this one.

if im doing something wrong, man i'll be more than happy to eat my words, and ill send you guys a bunch of passes to go play paintball for free over at hollywood sports park in bellflower. ill probably give it ot anyways, LMK.

thanks
-andy

PS Happy New Year!
Find all posts by this user
01-02-2011, 01:41 PM
RE: WHAT TH3E HECK IS GOING ON AT DREAMHOST!?
Quote:1.Simple install, which gives you no control at all over the files themselves that are related to wordpress, infact simple install creates a invisible subdomain that is impossible to find.

This is the same as the easy one-click installs of previous, which also didn't allow too many customizations, and they are load balanced and you cannot see the website files. This is working as expected as they are meant to be ready to go and not require maintenance or upgrading for the customer.

Quote:2. The custom install does not work at all, which is the one i want to use. I've tried with my own database and create new database, with no luck. the onclick install is not installing whatever it needs to install for it to work.

Please provide support with how to reproduce your issues and we would be happy to take a look.

Quote:this is the newest install i have done that does not work

We will provide details of this in your support request, and not comment on your usage on this forum for your privacy. This site is working at this time.

Quote:PS Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2011, 01:49 PM
RE: WHAT TH3E HECK IS GOING ON AT DREAMHOST!?
Thanks Justin,
meet you in customer support.

(01-02-2011 01:41 PM)JustinK Wrote:  
Quote:1.Simple install, which gives you no control at all over the files themselves that are related to wordpress, infact simple install creates a invisible subdomain that is impossible to find.

This is the same as the easy one-click installs of previous, which also didn't allow too many customizations, and they are load balanced and you cannot see the website files. This is working as expected as they are meant to be ready to go and not require maintenance or upgrading for the customer.

Quote:2. The custom install does not work at all, which is the one i want to use. I've tried with my own database and create new database, with no luck. the onclick install is not installing whatever it needs to install for it to work.

Please provide support with how to reproduce your issues and we would be happy to take a look.

Quote:this is the newest install i have done that does not work

We will provide details of this in your support request, and not comment on your usage on this forum for your privacy. This site is working at this time.

Quote:PS Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
Find all posts by this user