Current time: 04-24-2014, 03:10 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dreamhost app on xxx.domain.com rather than www.domain.com/xxx
08-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Dreamhost app on xxx.domain.com rather than www.domain.com/xxx
I'm trying to do an install of wordpress on my domain, but can't see how to do an Advanced install (so i can add plugins and control upgrades), but have the address as blog.domain.com.

Is there a way to do this or am I going to have to do some kind of redirect/rewrite?

Thanks,
Aziz
Find all posts by this user
08-18-2010, 09:40 AM
RE: Dreamhost app on xxx.domain.com rather than www.domain.com/xxx
1) Go to "Manage Domains" and create the subdomain you want to install WordPress on.

2) Install WordPress to this newly created (sub)domain.

3) Profit.
08-18-2010, 10:01 AM
(08-18-2010 09:40 AM)andrewf Wrote:  1) Go to "Manage Domains" and create the subdomain you want to install WordPress on.

3) Profit.

You must read /.

Click here to learn why I chose DreamHost as my host, and why (maybe) you should too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-18-2010, 10:19 AM
(08-18-2010 09:40 AM)andrewf Wrote:  1) Go to "Manage Domains" and create the subdomain you want to install WordPress on.

3) Profit.

Thanks. I had missed the 'create subdomain' bit. I had assumed that adding a DNS entry under blog.domain.com would suffice.
08-18-2010, 10:52 AM
(08-18-2010 10:19 AM)azizshamim Wrote:  Thanks. I had missed the 'create subdomain' bit. I had assumed that adding a DNS entry under blog.domain.com would suffice.

In general, the only time you'll ever need to dig into DNS manually is if you're trying to hook your domain to something external. We always generate DNS entries internally for anything that's managed by our system.

(08-18-2010 10:01 AM)seanthegeek Wrote:  You must read /.

I don't anymore, but I did for a while. Does it show? Smile