Current time: 04-24-2014, 03:11 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dreamhost Flash Media Player streaming Youtube?
05-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Dreamhost Flash Media Player streaming Youtube?
Hi all, first post Tongue

Ok, I tried searching for this and couldn't find anything useful.

What I want to do is essentially embed youtube video on my site. That in itself is a simple enough task - just use the "embed" link that Youtube provides under each video, fair enough. However, I've just discovered Dreamhost's Flash Media Player, and to be quite honest it offers quite a few things that I like the sound of. It would be really useful to be able to present video both from youtube AND vids that are hosted locally on my Dreamhost VPS. It would also be nice to have a single, uniform player across my entire site, not to mention the fact that I think the Dreamhost flash player looks a hell of a lot better than youtube's.

So here's my question - is it possible to link Dreamhost's Flash Player up to Youtube videos? And if so - how? I know Youtube hosts its content in .flv format which Dreamhost's player is designed for, but Youtube mask the URL quite heavily. Any ideas? Or is this simply not possible?
Find all posts by this user
05-23-2010, 09:20 PM
RE: Dreamhost Flash Media Player streaming Youtube?
It looks as though there is a way to get the JW FLV Player to work with Youtube:

http://developer.longtailvideo.com/trac/...er5Formats
Find all posts by this user