Current time: 04-23-2014, 01:00 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Help! Shopping Cart Broken
04-17-2010, 12:42 AM
I recently changed the user for "Users, Files, and Paths" for the Web Hosting in the Manage Domains panel. This broke our shopping cart (Oscommerce) and I do not know why. The website is coded in PHP and we have a mySQL database.

Even after I changed it back, things remained broken. I am way out of my depths and would appreciate anyone who would have insight into this.

Thanks

GMY
Find all posts by this user
04-17-2010, 02:04 AM
Changing the user sets the internal domain direct to point at a new location on the file system, so you'd need to install OSC into the new userspace for it to function there. You mention that you changed the user back again - that *should* fix it (assuming the files remained intact within the original userspace). One thing you can try is to go back into Panel and hit the Change Settings button again in order to try refreshing the internal directs.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Muchas Gracias.

GMY
10-25-2010, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2010 09:42 AM by romel25.)
RE: Help! Shopping Cart Broken
If this shopping cart is not working for you well then you can shift to another shopping cart and I would recommend looking at http://www.shoppingcartelite.com.