Current time: 04-20-2014, 06:25 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Host Minecraft Server
08-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Host Minecraft Server
I have recently purchased and account with Dreamhost and would like to know if it is possible to host my own Minecraft server through my hosting package. At minecraft.net you can download the server software and files, and most people host servers via their own computers. I would like to make a dedicated server using Dreamhost.

If anyone could point me in the right direction or let me know if this is possible (how to install the server files, ex: .bat files), it would be greatly appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Host Minecraft Server
Quote:I have recently purchased and account with Dreamhost and would like to know if it is possible to host my own Minecraft server through my hosting package. At minecraft.net you can download the server software and files, and most people host servers via their own computers. I would like to make a dedicated server using Dreamhost.
DreamHost offers shared hosting and VPS (virtual private server; called DreamHost PS) hosting. You are not be able to run server software on the shared hosting. With DreamHost PS you may. In addition it requires a unique IP address. DreamHost uses Debian Linux; the README.txt file indicates how to use the server software.

Customer since 2000 Cool openvein.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-17-2010, 11:56 PM
RE: Host Minecraft Server
Sorry for this bump.
But how would i go about getting the server hosting software on my DreamHost PS? and how do i use my Unique IP?
Find all posts by this user