Current time: 04-24-2014, 09:22 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gmail loop
07-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Gmail loop
I posted this in the Beta Testing forum a few weeks ago, but it looks like not many people look there. I hope it's not a problem re-posting here.

I'm trying to set up the Google Apps and Gmail on a DreamHost Apps (dreamhosters) subdomain. When I click on the manage button on my panel, it gives me the option to login with username@mydomain.dreamhosters.com or create an a username@mydomain.com. That's nice, but it sends the login information to that address and I can't access that address till I get my login information. Did I do something wrong to get into this loop? How do I get out of it and get the Google accounts activated?
Find all posts by this user
07-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Gmail loop
Quote:I'm trying to set up the Google Apps and Gmail on a DreamHost Apps (dreamhosters) subdomain. When I click on the manage button on my panel, it gives me the option to login with username@mydomain.dreamhosters.com or create an a username@mydomain.com.
Start from the beginning and provide more information. You've got me confused because you left out information and confused .dreamhosters.com subdomains with the DreamHost Apps service (those subdomains are not exclusive to the DreamHost Apps service, I mean to say).

I just went through the process myself. When I signed up through the DreamHost Apps web site, I got to enter an email address I was already using to use as a username with DreamHost Apps. I then choose to add both Gmail and Google Apps to a new dreamhosters.com subdomain.

After this was done, on the DreamHost Apps site, I could click on the subdomain name and then click on "Manage Apps" and I would see this:
http://webdev.openvein.org/support/20090...e-apps.png

Now if I did click on the "manage" button here, I would get directed to a Google page telling me that the subdomain was not in their system.

The next step was to read the email message from DreamHost Apps that said "Please visit the following URL to register with Google Apps for your domain." During which I got to specify an email address I was already using again. I got to setup a username@subdomain.dreamhosters.com address and could successfully login to the Google Apps panel with it. I was asked what password to use by the web site.

So at no point did anyone have to e-mail login information to me. All I needed e-mailed to me was the links to add the subdomain to the Google Apps service. The email address was one I had been using before I signed up at DreamHost Apps. When signing up for both DreamHost Apps and Google Apps the web sites asked me what password I wanted to use to login back into them.

You said "login with username@mydomain.dreamhosters.com or create an a username@mydomain.com" which is not something I would expect you to see on the DreamHost Apps web site. Were you trying to say "when I click on the "manage" button for Gmail at DreamHost Apps" it takes me to a Google page asking me to login ... ??

BTW if you did indeed go through the Google Apps registration process did you choose "Administrator: I own or control this domain" at the beginning?

Customer since 2000 Cool openvein.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-24-2009, 05:50 AM
Gmail loop
I tried administrator and end-user on the Google Apps registration process. If I remember right, I started with end-user because I don't own the dreamhosters.com domain.

I did enter an existing email address in the place it asked for it in the DreamHosters registration process because I got emails about passwords for the different non-google aps.

When I followed the URL to register with Google Apps for the domain the only options I had were for setting up an email at mysubdomain.dreamhosters.com. It never asked for another address to send information to. In the end I get a page that says "In order to verify that the email address associated with your account is correct, we have sent an email message to myemail@mysubdomain.dreamhosters.com. To activate your account at mysubdomain.dreamhosters.com, please access your email and click on the link provided.

Of course I can't access that email because the account hasn't been activated.

Where did I miss the part where I can enter a current address for this?
07-27-2009, 02:15 AM
Gmail loop
I'm having exactly the same problem as the OP - I never get to see the page you showed in your post. And, to make things even worse, the "Reset your password" says that it sends the details to the email address I gave it previously but that email never arrives.

Not great, as I can't continue with anything on my new site until I can get the email etc sorted out and I can't log on to Google Apps to do it...
07-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Gmail loop
same here, i'm going mad