Current time: 04-16-2014, 08:59 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Spam reports on addresses without mailboxes?
08-04-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm getting 4 Junk Reports into my regular mailbox. One is the report for my main e-mail address, going to regular mailbox. The others are for "webmaster@g-b.dk", "twins@g-b.dk", "writeus@g-b.dk" -- but these addresses are just redirected to my regular mailbox. When I try to log in to these redirect-addresses, I just get an error "Unknown user or password incorrect." which is no surprise.

Why do I get separate reports for these, instead of this just being reported as part of the contents of my regular mailbox? I can't act on the reports anyway.

What if the filter catches a ham mail and it shows in these reports? How can I release and whitelist it if I can't log in to the address?

Perhaps related: How do I add addresses to the global whitelist? That's mydomain-global, not DreamHost-global, right?

--
TorbenGB . . . Get a free WebID and try out DreamHost hosting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2004, 04:27 AM
*bump* Did anyone have any comments on this behaviour? I'm getting junk mail reports for 3 addresses that are really just aliases and don't have a mailbox associated.

That means mails are being withheld and I can't log in to webmail for these addresses to see if too much has been caught!

I don't get any junk mail reports on my proper mailbox address anymore, but I think that's because I've deliberately disabled that because I see the spamlist anyway when I log into my webmail.

--
TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebID /// Compare plans
08-20-2004, 04:50 AM
I use to get junk mail reports for an alias but in the last few days I have just stopped getting junk reports all together..

I have asked for a status on what should or should not be working so we can be clear on what or what is not working..
09-10-2004, 07:59 AM
I would second this request. I use two email addresses that forward to multiple people at our company, and I cannot access the email to see what is getting through/not getting through.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Eric B.
Find all posts by this user
11-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Quote:Any suggestions?

I've posted about this again, and also written to DH Support. Apparently the junk mail reporting was completely turned off for a while, but now that it's re-enabled, I'm seeing the same problem I did during the beta testing.

http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat...o=14&part=

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebID -- Prices options