Current time: 04-20-2014, 01:15 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Already in use?
03-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Already in use?
I've had a apps account for some time but didn't use it, now finally got around to changing the nameservers on my godaddy account (ircfreak.com)

now when I try to add the domain to my account it says the domain is already in use in the system.

There is also a drupal install on the main site and the various apps don't work, but I never did any of that (my account has no domains tied to it). So how do I go about fixing that?
Find all posts by this user
03-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Already in use?
Send a ticket into Support and they'll clear the records.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Already in use?
well unless I'm wrong isn't this the only way to get support regarding dreamhost apps?
03-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Already in use?
This is just a customer to customer forum. To reach official Support, you'd have to submit a ticket in the panel. The issue really isn't Apps, but a domain entry within DreamHost, which Support will need to clear up once you can prove you're the legitimate domain registrant.

-Scott
03-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Already in use?
I believe what he means is that Apps only customers do not even *have* a panel option for submitting an issue to support, and that this forum is the *only* place for them to air their issues.
03-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Already in use?
There's always the good ol' generic form:
http://dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

However, I thought that anybody who got a panel account got access to most everything.

-Scott
03-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Already in use?
Ah... I didn't realize the Apps folks got access to a full panel... for some reason I was thinkin it was Apps panel access only, but that was just an assumption from out of my ass honestly, because I had used my pre-existing web id to check out the Apps panel when it was launched. For some reason though, I am under the impression that Apps users don't receive *any* support outside of this forum.
03-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Already in use?
I believe you're correct. I read OP's post as saying he hadn't tied any domains to his account, yet the system insists that the domain is already in the system and there appears to be sites preinstalled on said domain. Although uncommon, this kind of thing can occur when a paid account has previously added the domain via a legitimate DreamHost Panel.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user