Current time: 04-17-2014, 05:53 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WebDesign Software
08-28-2008, 08:12 AM
WebDesign Software
howdy, i am a newbie in the webdesign world, i am currently using Front Page.. and have read a few posts here on how NOT to use it.. can you tell me WHAT people are using to make an easy page and upload to DH !?

i just created 2 simple pages .. 1 has been uploaded using FP and the other is not.. i just want to check with all of you PROS as to what you use to create SIMPLE webpages!

tks !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2008, 09:47 AM
WebDesign Software
For simple pages, notepad. Usually it's quicker for me to do it that way.

If I'm lazy and want simple, or want something a bit more in depth, Dreamweaver works fine. But even if I want it more advanced, I tend to try and do everything by hand.

If I need something serious and graphically intense, Photoshop and Dreamweaver work for me.

Your other problem is going to be that DH will be removing Frontpage support as Microsoft decided they didn't want to make it anymore.

If I remember right, google apps had something to do it with. But I never used it so I'm not sure.

--John V
08-28-2008, 04:36 PM
WebDesign Software
Front page can be fine for a beginner as long as you upload your files via ftp and not use front page extentions.
However Front page lacks certain features that web designers need. Then you need to decide whether you want to stay with a wysiwyg program or code by hand using nothing more than notepad. The latter being the cheapest route with the exception of learning materials which you should get anyway.
Dreamweaver does make the best of both worlds. As well as supporting features like css, php, asp, sql databases, javascript, ajax, to mention a few.
For uploading to DH, a free program like filezilla, the webftp program accessable via your control panel(Upload limit is 7MB ), or dreamweaver has ftp built in.
Hope this helps

My website
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2008, 04:49 PM
WebDesign Software
Thanks for your replies !

i just got dreamweaver and will play around with it to get to know it a bit more but seems like a good program.

also.. when you say not use frontpage extensions.. what exactly does that mean ??!
08-28-2008, 09:41 PM
WebDesign Software
Front page has extensions that allows it to connect directly to the server. These extensions must be installed on the server.
They are not needed when you use an ftp program. Some of the special effect that the extensions provided can be created with javascript and/or css.

My website
09-01-2008, 11:22 PM
WebDesign Software
Dreamweaver is what I use. Really saves time but you need to double check the code that it creates

Web Hosting Reviews
Go Daddy Coupons and Promo Codes
09-10-2008, 10:51 PM
WebDesign Software
I don't do anything too complicated on my websites but I do like to use Kompozer. Its free and I use the scripting part of it to do my work then quickly check it in its own WYSIWIG section so I get the best of both worlds from it.

$50 Discount 1LUCID50 Sign up now
10-28-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: WebDesign Software
Adobe Dreamweaver
Microsoft Expressions Web
Bluefish
Amaya
Coda 2
are the best web design softwares that can be useful for you.
10-29-2013, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 12:23 AM by keyplyr.)
RE: WebDesign Software
Every WebDesign Software program creates errors and/or bloat. Do yourself a favor and learn to code by hand. You'll learn a lot and end up with fast loading web documents.

1st step... read everything you can about HTML and CSS.

2nd step... create a text file and start setting up your layout with HTML and CSS. Add your content. When you're done, change the file type to .html and upload to the server as a test page so you can see where you need to tweak the code. Then run it through the W3C Markup Validator and check for errors. Correct all the errors so browsers render the page in Standards mode and voila!

11-14-2013, 02:00 PM
WebDesign Ideas?
Hi! I'm Chan'Tell and I am also new and looking for a place to stamp my place in the marketing world does anyone have any idea of how to make an excellent web design. I have no experience but I do know what I want and how my budget looks doesn't merit much for paying for a marketer to get my web up. HELP!