Current time: 04-20-2014, 04:43 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Darwin Streaming Server - MOV Playlists
08-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Hi all !

Well...I trying to deploy some media streaming to my websites using DSS. I already tried the basic configuration via webpanel and successfully played my video. Thanks the guys on Dreamhost that answered my questions.

But as I'm going to put several videos, in sequence...how can I configure a movie playlist? I know that using a .sdp file I can stream lots of files in many ways (sequence, random, etc). But to create this, following the DSS manual, I have to use a web interface...not discussed anywhere on dreamhost.

So, how can I prepare a playlist for my videos and play them using the Dreamhost DSS ? An another question, how do I protect these videos from downloading...once using the URL provided by you (on the webpanel) I have total access to the file !!

In fact, one of the basics differences between streaming and downloading is that the client "do not" keep the file on hard disk after playing, it buffers parts of it and plays on the run, right ?

Thanks in advance,

Michael
Find all posts by this user
08-27-2008, 06:46 AM
I don't know if this will be helpful, but I have video multi-players on my site. You can configure your own playlist but it uses .flv format. It is better, in my opinion, than the .mov players. There are .avi and .mpg players too, but they are quirky to say the least.
Find all posts by this user