Current time: 04-15-2014, 09:12 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rollback from Joomla 1.5
05-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Rollback from Joomla 1.5
Last week I upgraded to Joomla 1.5.x from 1.0.x using the One Click Update offered by DreamHost. At the time I did not know it was a major update and that I would have to convert my databases first.
When I attempted to rollback I renamed the new installation joomla.new and changed the old version to just joomla. Now when I go to my site it says "Template File Not Found! Looking for Template:rhuk_milkyway". Thinking I could just go into the admin portion I receive this error when logging in "You cannot login. There are no administrators set up."

I know this is because the database Joomla is using is now configured for the new 1.5.x version. Does DreamHost provide a way for me to recover my old database? Does DreamHost provide any instructions on the proper way to upgrade Joomla on their systems? Thank you in advance for the assistance.

Brian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Rollback from Joomla 1.5
There are database backups in the Panel. Go to Goodies -> Manage MySQL. There's a Restore DB link next to your database name. You'll have several backups from which to choose.

It'll probably ask you if you want to drop the old tables first, or overlay, or something like that. Pick the most destructive option, like Erase or Drop before restoring.

-Scott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply