Current time: 04-18-2014, 11:53 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

QT Streaming Not Working
04-21-2004, 05:51 PM
QT Streaming Not Working
I'm on XP. My QT stream worked briefly as I set it up a couple of days ago. I asked a friend on a Mac to look at it and he got a static image and broken voice feed. I thought it might be a DH issue(Heaven forbid!), so I contacted my windows streaming server folks who offer QT streaming, but only have progressive download in their sample gallery. When questioning them they said that streaming QT is not very stable. I'm sure I'll find objections to that ( I hope so) and that I can see a few samples to prove it.
Here is the way I've set up embedding. I actually do have a one frame movie called poster in my image directory.
<object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b" width="320" height="256" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">
<param name="SRC" value="common/images/poster.mov"/>
<param name="QTSRC"value="rtsp://streaming.mydomain.com/streaming.mydomain.com/mymovie.mov"/>
<param name="AUTOPLAY" value="true"/>
<param name="CONTROLLER" value="true"/>
<embed src="common/images/poster.mov" qtsrc="rtsp://streaming.mydomain.com/streaming.mydomain.com/mymovie.mov" width="320" height="256" target="myself" controller="true" autoplay="true"/>
</embed>
</object>
I subsituted mydomain for the real domain. Now it just hangs.
Please help.
Despondently yours,
Christopher
Find all posts by this user
04-22-2004, 06:19 AM
QT Streaming Not Working
what codec did you use to prepare your file for internet streaming? what other settings did you use, fast start, hinted, what rate did you set your video compression at...etc.

I use streaming on several of my sites, and it works fine. I did notice you use target myself, i suggest using self instead. Also try changing your qtsrc="rtsp://streaming.mydomain.com/streaming.mydomain.com/mymovie.mov" to href="rtsp://streaming.mydomain.com:7071/streaming.mydomain.com/mymovie.mov"

below is my code, the QT streaming work great on macs and pcs (although, the poster image does not always show up in varying OSs)

<object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" width="240"height="196" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">
<param name="SRC" value="poster.mov">
<param name="AUTOPLAY" value="true">
<param name="CONTROLLER" value="true">
<param name="target" value="self">
<param name="type" value="video/quicktime">
<embed src="poster.mov" href="rtsp://streaming.mydomain.com:7071/streaming.mydomain.com/mymovie.mov" width="240" height="196" autoplay="true" controller="true" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/"></embed>
</object>
04-30-2004, 10:01 AM
QT Streaming Not Working
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I'm not sure what all of this data refers to but as you used etc. I don't know the exact information you need.
The file is optimized hints for server
Payload Encoding:Unknown
Packet Size:1450
Packet Duration:100
QT Metadata Interval: 100 ms
Repeat packets: 4
Repeat interval: 1000 ms
Compression is Sorenson Video 3
Quality: Medium
Frame rate: 15
Key frame rate:75
Width: 320 Height: 240
That's it for the video. As for the sound:
Format: MPEG-4 Audio
Sample rate:22.05 kHz
Sample size:16
Channels: 1

That's about it. No filtering. My thoughts are that my problem is more about implementing the file rather than the file itself. The same content makes a much bigger QT file than a wmv9 file. Still having problems. Please help. I checked other file links to mov files on this board and they work poorly or not at all. I'm on XP and getting a little eXasperated.
Christopher.