Zend Studio / MySQL

apps

Does anyone know how to make DH’s servers accept a login to the databases from inside of Zend Studio? (While we’re on the subject, does anybody have any thoughts on the Zend suites? Evaluating at the moment…) It tells me access was denied from my IP; I know the hostname, db name, etc. are all right – not sure about the port, though; it’s set to 80 by default.

Help? Thank you.

Edit: I do know Zend Accelerator can’t be used on a shared server here. :slight_smile:

[quote]Does anyone know how to make DH’s servers accept a login to
the databases from inside of Zend Studio?

[/quote]

By default (for security reasons), we don’t accept MySQL accesses from outside of our IP space. You can override this on a per IP or IP range basis by editing your MySQL user from the web panel.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’ve got an older version of Zend, and I really like it for PHP work. My only complaint is that the Java takes a little longer to load than I’d like, but no big deal.

Jason
<><

I like the server side of things (Zend Platform), but I’m not altogether sold on the local machine interface yet… hard to see what it has to offer that the free JEdit doesn’t, except a slightly prettier interface and an attached reference book (which is helpful at times, I admit!).