Zend Path?

I am trying to install an application that requires Ioncube for php5. It wont install because it continually tells me I am missing Ioncube loader. If I run phpinfo.php on my domain it does in fact indicate that Zend Engine 2 is installed. I do not however, have a php.ini file on this domain and think this is all I am missing. I do not see any directories on my domain showing where ioncube would be installed, so I have no idea what to include in the php.ini file.

What shows up in my phpinfo.php is:

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright © 1998-2008 Zend Technologies
with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.2, Copyright © 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
with Zend Optimizer v3.3.3, Copyright © 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies

So, although I know Ioncube is there, how do I activate it or get the software I am installing to recognize it?

You’ll need to customise your php environment and add a link in your php.ini giving the location of the ioncube loader. Read the Wiki instructions carefully and you should have no problems installing it yourself.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/IonCube_Loader

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

when running the ioncube-loader-helper.php that comes with the ioncube files, it indicates that my php.ini file is at /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini. I can’t get to this file.

Furthermore, if ioncube is already installed as it shows in my phpinfo.php file, how can I find where the files are? I see them nowhere, so I made an ioncube directory and installed the files there. Also made a new php.ini file and tried pointing to the ioncube file, but still no go. I used the directions from the link you provided and was already using these directions, but either way, I just can’t get it loaded. I have tried every available path but it just doesn’t see it.

I am using this in my php.ini:

[soap]
soap.wsdl_cache_enabled=1
soap.wsdl_cache_dir="/home/.jojoba/username/websitename.com/tmp"
soap.wsdl_cache_ttl=86400

[ioncube]
zend_extension="/home/.jojoba/username/websitename.com/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so"

[suhosin]
extension=“suhosin.so

so what is wrong?

If you’re sure you followed everything to the letter, the only thing I can suggest is to redo the php customisation. Something may have gone askew during that process.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH