Your domain resolves to an IP address that is not located at DreamHost

Hi. I’m new to DreamHost and Google Apps. I transferred my domain to DreamHost and received an confirmation that the transfer was successful. So on Sunday I set up Google Apps for myself on Sunday. The domain is blueturtlegraphics.com.

I also moved a client site from another host to DreamHost over the weekend and pointed the nameservers to Dream Host. This was done Friday evening (2/4/11).

I’m having emails issues with both domains. I’ve set up everything through Google Apps and some emails come through but others don’t (I get an error: Message not sent. Server replied: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable - 550 Unrouteable address" when sending to an email on blueturtlegraphics.com). Support is telling me that I have to wait until the domain propagates, but it’s been over 3 days for my client’s domain and 2.5 days for my own (blueturtlegraphics.com).

When I check the Account Tests in the control panel, I see:
mail service for blueturtlegraphics.com - warning Your domain resolves to an IP address that is not located at DreamHost.
mail service for visorversa.com - warning Your domain resolves to an IP address that is not located at DreamHost.

What does this mean? What is going on?

Also, when I check both domains on http://www.whatsmydns.net/ there is a red “x” or 2 (see attachment). Does this mean it still hasn’t propagated? And if so, why would it take longer than 3 days?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have checked and blueturtlegraphics.com has it’s MX (mail) pointing to Google, it’s NS (name server) to DH, and its A record to DH too so all looks good

The warning is correct, as your mail is being handled by Google so it is an IP not located at Dreamhost

A full internet update usually takes no more than 48 hours but some ISP can be bad!