You closed my account

Umm guys you closed my account and i need backup for my MYSQL databases. This is unexpectable b/c i got an email yesterday t elling me my account was fine, and today i get one telling me its not. I can login on my FTP to get the data, but thoses arent important as my database files.

I had over 6 my sql’s made and 1 used, but they all had information and data on them. Please enable me to use t he mysql goodies so i can get the backups off you guys servers.

GottaDeal.com Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

Twista, send them an email at support@dreamhost.com

Sorry to hear what happened though.

They don’t read this forum often.

You might try and see if you can conect to phpmyadmin for the databases, or shell access. That info isn’t stored where you can access it from FTP. Check out the wiki article called migrate mysql for help on getting a backup. It may be possible that you can still access the data on your own, especially if you can still FTP in.

-Matttail

i cant even login to my FTP anymore :confused: they kicked me w/o letting me save anything? holds in anger Atleast let someone save there data and databases. WHAT TRIPS ME OUT Is here:

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:19 PM

You have successfully reduced your resource usage on machine limbo-randy.
Therefore we have moved your account (#) back to its original home machine yen.
Thank you for your efforts and we are glad to have your account in good standing again.";

Moving you back to the original server will change any IPs associated
with your web services. Please get the new ones if you set up any
custom scripts or DNS that relies on the old IP to function.

Happy Dreamhost Support Team!

Thursday, February 23, 2006 12:45 AM

Hello,

I am very sorry but I have had to close your account. You have been on an
evaluation server for over a month with no drop in CPU usage.
Unfortunately this affects other users on shared servers way too much.
You will need to find hosting elsewhere.

If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to let us know.

Thanks!
Patrick

DreamHost Support Team support@dreamhost.com
Earn over $97 for each referral: http://www.dreamhost.com/rewards.html
To continue this support case, just reply to this email.
Open a new case at: https://panel.dreamhost.com/?tab=support

That is very strange. Had you reduced your CPU usage, or was the first message in error? Either way, I do hope dreamhost will get back to you and at least allow access to your files.

-Matttail

Thanks DH got me all my backups and mysql’s. Even though i grew out of shared hosting i still think Dreamhost is a good service for small websites.

good luck guys. Im moving to VPS hosting.

I just need help getting my domain name transferred to namecheap.com or godaddy.com but only problem is i have no access to the “domain” tab in the Control panel… hopefully DH canhelp me =) soon as i get the $9.99 to give to them for the DN.

Thanks for the backups, Brian.

GottaDeal.com Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?