Yes another php.ini problem

I have followed the wiki step for step.

First I made a php-copy.sh and put it into my server direrectory that hold all my domains.

#!/bin/sh
CGIFILE="$HOME/domain.com/cgi-bin/php.cgi"
INIFILE="$HOME/domain.com/cgi-bin/php.ini"
rsync -a /dh/cgi-system/php5.cgi “$CGIFILE”

REMOVE THE FOLLOWING LINE TO CREATE THE UPDATE-ONLY SCRIPT:

cp /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini “$INIFILE”

perl -p -i -e ‘
s/.post_max_size./post_max_size = 100M/;
s/.upload_max_filesize./upload_max_filesize = 100M/;
’ “$INIFILE”

Ok I did all the cron jobs and everything using putty. I had no errors or problems there. Now everything seems right untill I put the .htaccess file into my domain.com directory i get 2 errors, one is a 404 error, and one if a this .php file couldnt not be found at cg-bin/php.ini . I copied the

Options +ExecCGI
AddHandler php-cgi .php
Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php.cgi

from the wiki, but it doesn’t work. Anyone have any solutions or can help me out.

You did replace the “domain.com” in the scripts with “yourdomainname.tld”, right?

–rlparker

yes i did, I just put that their in place of my real domain

please someone help me.

Firstly, confirm that you have the directory /yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/ and that this directory contains the files php.cgi and php.ini

The instructions in the wiki article do work, but you need to be very careful to follow them exactly.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

sigh…

Yes I have a cgi-bin directory in my top level domain and those 2 files are there.

I am sorry for the obvious question, but, in my experience, most problems people have when trying this procedure turn out to be simple ones, usually caused by them missing a step or two in the wiki instructions, so it is best to cover the obvious things first.

Let me just confirm again, the cgi-bin directory should be in the root of the web-directory for the domain or sub-domain.

If you have sub-domains configured as sub-directories of your parent domain (some ex-cPanel users prefer to do it this way), you need to install php for the sub-domain that requires it, installing it in the parent domain will not automatically provide the custom install to the sub-domain, even though it is configured as a sub-directory.

Also, some recent problems along these lines have been resolved by running the dos2unix utility on the install script and/or the .htaccess file to correct the CR/LF differences between the editor used and what is required.

http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=forum_troubleshooting&Number=65587&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

what command do I type into the shell to dos2unix the .htaccess file?

Not sure why you would need to? If you uploaded the file just upload it Ascii and not binary. Otherwise, if you created it on the server, there is no need.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on Dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]SRVR97[/color]

The command and program are both the same.
So literally:

… would do the trick :wink: