Yahoo sitebuilder

design

ok this isn’t for my site, I’m not using Yahoo Sitebuilder on my own site, but a friend of mine asked me to make him a site and he gave me the site builder and he says he needs it to be made in the Yahoo SiteBuilder so he can open it. I have three questions for using the site builder.

1.How do I make the background not repeat? I tried inserting the html into the box where it seems like it’s supposed to go but it doesn’t work.

1. how do I make an iframe in Yahoo Site Builder? Once again I tried to use the insert HTML form but it didn’t do anything.

2. I’d like to make part of the back ground into an image map that would open pages in the iframe on the main index page that I was talking about. But I dont know how to go about it.

Can anyone help me out?

1.How do I make the background not repeat? I tried inserting the html into the box where it seems like it’s supposed to go but it doesn’t work.

The reason it repeats is b/c your screen resoultion is set to high for the webspace your building in. To fix that change the resoution to like 800x and try to set the background again. :wink: That should work!

GottaDeal.com Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

i don’t know if yahoo allows it, but it would solve all ur problems

That’s what I was going to suggest, CSS would be a major help.

I’ve provided a small tutorial on how it would be done using CSS:
http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=2573

As a friendly advice, I’d say: Kill it! Let it burn in Hell!

Seriously tho, Y! Sitebuilder is EVIL. And I’m not talking goth-slash-my-wrists-while-listening-to-Cradle-of-Filth kind of evil, either.

It’s evil in the same way Micr$oft is evil – the results are not what you expect, it’s frustrating, and it has a lot of redundant code. I’ve tried making a site with that evil hellspawn service, and – omg surprise – it looked weird, the code was a nightmare, and it only worked acceptably in IE. Which is also evil, for very much the same reasons.

Personally, I’d say code the site either with Dreamweaver, or, ideally, by hand. Or send my money and data and I’ll do it :stuck_out_tongue: (Valid XHTML and CSS are, or should be, Holy Grails for any coder)

If not, at least try CSS.

Drinking Lysol never hurt anyone…