Xerver!

Hi guys,

I have my Xever all set up and It’s running fine. I can access my server using my pc. But I can’t access it using another pc (such as: my friend’s pc) with both outer and local IP.

Any1 know why?

You’re going to have to give us more details. “running fine” doesn’t mean anything specific. If you have a site, you could simply ask if we can reach it.

We’d love to help!

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

Ok, I’m a newbie

I’ll try to make my question clear. When I run Xever,it gives me an outer IP address, and a local IP address. I can access the server by typing the local IP address to my web browser. But I can’t do that with an outside PC with both IP local and IP.

Is Xever only for local accessing ?

OK, You may be a newbie, but you’ve definitely won the game of “Stump the dummy”.

If you’re talking about this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerver then I think you’re not going to be able to reach it externally. Technically servers (as Xerver is described in the wiki article) are a violation of the terms of service (TOS) here at dreamhost.

If you’re simply misspelling the word “Server” then we can help you with that as you will likely have a domain associated with your hosting account. That domain is how you contact your server through http.

Pick whichever answer is appropriate to your situation and we’ll try to keep helping!

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

anhvutnu, are you running Xerver on another box, say on your home network, and pointing your DreamHost domain to it?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I doesn’t sound like it’s even related to DH at all… lol.
He seems to be running it from home.

Personally, I think it’s a router issue. Probably just need to forward the appropriate ports to get external access :wink: