XCache var cache was not initialized properly

wordpress

I’m getting the following errors when trying to access the admin dashboard:

Warning: xcache_get(): XCache var cache was not initialized properly. Check php log for actual reason in /home/user/site/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/W3/Cache/Xcache.php on line 180

Warning: xcache_set(): XCache var cache was not initialized properly. Check php log for actual reason in /home/user/site/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/W3/Cache/Xcache.php on line 55

Warning: xcache_set(): XCache var cache was not initialized properly. Check php log for actual reason in /home/user/site/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/W3/Cache/Xcache.php on line 55

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/site/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/W3/Cache/Xcache.php:180) in /home/user/site/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1179

Any idea what could be causing it? I don’t see a php log on my DS. This is preventing me from accessing the backend.

Our version of xCache and w3tc don’t play nicely. You need to not use that as a cache option in your w3tc settings. You’ll have to disable (delete) w3tc to get in :confused:

Is there any WordPress plugin that does support DreamHost’s xCache version? I’ve had issues with all of the xCache plugins I’ve tried in WordPress on DreamHost.

Hello, i’m facing the same error now
XCache var cache was not initialized properly

Anyting has improved since ?

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

Do you mean that I should use DISK and not XCACHE on W3 total cache settings ?

Thanks.