Wrong place, but

Just a comment on the last newsletter, June 08.

Very entertaining and informative, but the introduction was totally and completely lost on me. :frowning:

I got the Clinton Obama thing (the whole world is sick of it), but the sports stuff - not a clue.

Please remember that not all your customers come from the US.

Yours

Steve

I think the reference was to a game called Basketball invented by a Canadian. What we in the UK and the the civilised world, yes, including the Antipodes, call Netball.

Briefly what you do is throw a ball in a basket. Then you all run up the other end and the other team throws the ball in the basket, and everybody cheers. That is it really. Oh I think the guy who looks like a mint humbug is the referee. At the end of the game, which is only short so they can get their breath back, the winner gets some sort of fluffy toy to wear on the head!

DreamHost have a Netball team which is apparently ‘fairly good’. Although, how they manage to run carrying all that excess weight is beyond me.

You can read the gory details in the DreamHost Blog here http://blog.dreamhost.com/2007/03/26/the-dream-machine/

Of course forum entries like this should really go in the off-topic section.

My reply should also have gone in the off-topic section so I am going to punish my-self with a good old back-side whipping with a thorny thistle. A well-known British sport!

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK! :@

Act on my advice at your own risk!