Writing to WebDAV

I used the Web Panel to set up a WebDAV subdirectory. I can log in to this directory via e.g. Cyberduck, using the webdav protocol, so the username and passwork are OK. However, when I try to upload to the directory, I get an error.

Looking at my error logs, I see this:
client denied by server configuration: /home/iayork/iayork.com/WebDAV/.htaccess

As Dreamhost sets up the WebDAV directory, I have no read (let alone write) permissions for the .htaccess file, so I don’t know what the problem is and I couldn’t fix it anyway.

Anyone know what the problem is?

For what it’s worth, I have had the WebDAV directory for several years and haven’t made any changes (until I tried poking at it this morning for troubleshooting). I haven’t used it in a couple of years, but I have previously uploaded into it, so I think this is something new.

You have read http://blog.dreamhosters.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=2882 ?

I read it, but it seems remarkably useless and was last updated in 2004. Is there anything in particular you’re drawing my attention to?

As a last resort you could try (depending on the size of your WebDAV directory) backup the contents to your computer, backup the user names and passwords, remove and re-add WebDAV via the panel, and restore the data. That might fix it. Good luck :slight_smile:

Ask Support for help first. We can probably fix it easier than you can. :slight_smile: