WP Them Contact form not working

wordpress

So I bought a WP theme recently for my new portfolio. Everything was easy till I tried testing the contact form. It says it sends the email, but the email is never received. I have contacted the author and here is his response:

“Please email your hosting provider and ask them if they support the mail() function on your server and if they are using SMTP in the process…”

Now I did some research and have tried numerous things. Please, HELP!

Here’s the link to the in process portfolio www.cesardesigns.com

The mail() function is supported and SMTP is available.

Check the contact form’s settings to ensure your SMTP information is valid.

Now if I have the WordPress SMTP plug in activated and the author is telling me:

“This theme doesn’t support SMTP out of the box. There is a solution however. Download this package: http://rubenbristian.com/downloads/wowway-smtp.zip, and upload it(unzipped of course) in the theme folder. Then open contact-form.php and fill up your SMTP details(lines 38-42, 47):”

Which are:

$mail->SMTPAuth = false; // enable SMTP authentication
$mail->Port = 25; // set the SMTP server port
$mail->Host = “your.smtpserver.com”; // SMTP server
$mail->Username = "name@yourserver.com"; // SMTP server username
$mail->Password = “yourpassword”; // SMTP server password

$to = "your_email@domain.com";

Where do I find what to input for “Port” “Host” “Username” “Password” etc? and do I change the "your_email@domain.com" to the email I want to receive the messages in?

The mail function IS supported, however if you’re sending email FROM an address that doesn’t match your domain, it won’t work (spam protection, yadda yadda).

$mail->SMTPAuth = true; // enable SMTP authentication
$mail->Port = 25; // set the SMTP server port
$mail->Host = “mail.yourdomain.com”; // SMTP server
$mail->Username = "you@yourdomain.com"; // SMTP server username
$mail->Password = “yourpassword”; // SMTP server password

Obviously I don’t know your email or password :slight_smile: