WP site can't connect to database

I’m trying to setup a wordpress site in a subdomain. The domain is hosted somewhere else, they added a DNS record for the subdomain that hosted here in DreamHost.

No matter what I try I can’t connect from the inital worpdress install to the mysql servers I’ve already used. The strange thing is that this isn’t the first time I’ve used this mysql server. everything worked fine in other timesm including wordpress installs.

I’ve checked and rechecked the DB user and password. Tried to delete and setup new ones for three times already. still no luck.

How can I start troubleshoot this to see where is the problem?

What’s the full WordPress error?

Also if you want to tell me your subdomain, maybe I can look and see if it’s something obvious :slight_smile:

It seems that the problem was because of DH migration of servers from LAX data center to Virginia. I hope everything will work now.

We apologize for that inconvenient downtime! Thank you for your patience. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you encounter any more issues and we’ll be happy to investigate right away! :slight_smile:

Dear Elle,

I have the same problem at my domain: intrepidmotion.com

“Error establishing a database connection”

Is it caused by the same culprit(migration issue)? This is the second outage in 48 hours for me.

Please help. :frowning:

Your site seems to be up now, though I don’t see any tickets raised about it. If you’re still having issues, please open up a ticket and we’ll get on that :slight_smile: