WP Installation Problems

I just installed “One click” install of WP and the FTP (I’m using fire FTP) is showing that wordpress installed correctly. All statuses had confirmed: got the notice, email, etc.
But:
/wp-admin/install.php is not working or “Not Found” it’s showing a 404 error. Anything I’m doing wrong or is there a way to get to the install?

Thanks.

The One-Click system has already installed WP for you (not just dumped the files so you can then install it).

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

According to a WP install message from last summer, you are supposed to go to that Install URL from the original post. Worse comes to worse, you can delete the installation and try again. After deleting, make sure the domain directory is completely empty. Check for hidden files as well (.htaccess, etc.).

-Scott

Are you sure the emailed link wasn’t a link to the admin log in page?

I’m building a site for a friend and am having similar troubles. His site is currently on another hosting provider plan (mediatemple) and I’m building a wordpressinstall here. Is it possible for me to build here before transferring the nameservers here and having the site go live to the public?

The problem is that the wp-admin URLs all point to the domain name that is currently hosted elsewhere. Can’t I build here and then make it go live after the fact?

Set up the domain directory, mirror it, install WP into the domain directory and use the mirror details to connect while developing here.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Mirror_Domain