WP autoinstall breaks domain?

wordpress

I registered a new domain this morning and auto-installed Wordpress 2.5.1 …

Started off great, I got into admin and started editing away. Anyway I got my settings set up and started writing my first post, then all of a sudden nothing happens when I click publish.

For like half an hour later I couldn’t access any of my sites on the Dreamhost account, then they all popped back up, except the newest one I was working on…

Anyway, that was this morning. Now I’ve deleted everything in that domain’s folder and I still can’t access the domain in any way shape or form… Just “Loading…” in my tabs.

Anyone have any ideas, seen anything like this before?

Thanks in advance

~
website building website building & discount coupons
my obligatory dreamhost discount coupon

Look for a hidden .htaccess file in your domain folder.

I’ve never had a problem with the One-Click version of WordPress.

Post the URL of your site so we can see if there’s something we can track down.

-Scott

Thanks for the quick reply… I’m a little confused myself because I’ve installed Wordpress a dozen times by now…

I double and triple checked that the directory was empty, but it wouldn’t come up. Then I re-installed WP … the webftp shows all the files there

but well, when I try to visit the domain… you can see for yourself
http://lowbudgetplanning.com/

~

Yikes! That’s showing an “install me now” page … better go deal with that right away before someone else does! :open_mouth:

Clear your browser’s cache!

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

Extra weird…

It won’t work in my FF even after I cleared the cache but it worked the first shot in IE.

Thanks I’m gonna clear up all the stashed info, reboot, etc… Must be some kind of weird FF problem on my side.

~

Your site should be up by now!

If it is a new domain, it could be due to the dns propagation.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here