Wouldn't Give DreamHost Your Business Right Now

DreamHost was once a great hosting company with great uptime and availability. Unfortunately, those times have come to an end. I’ve literally had my own website and the sites I host for my customers go down every single day for the past few days.

The tickets I send into DH go unanswered for hours upon hours only to respond with hardware failures.

See for yourself all their recent problems
http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/

Here is a recent response from a tech admitting to their latest faults

Hello,

We’re truly sorry for the trouble. The host server ran into another issue
with the SCSI card. We were forced to reboot it to get it back online. I
did not see any memory issues with your server when I looked at it today.

We’ve been dealing with a rash of elevated load issues as well as
hardware problems on a lot of our host servers. It has been rough for
everyone lately. The support team has been in direct contact with the
admin team gathering stats, trends, etc. so that we can aid in finding a
permanent solution for this. I know that it has been frustrating and we
have given this the highest priority. We are truly working as fast as
humanly possible to resolve this matter. Please let us know if you have
any questions.

Thanks!

I would definitely keep away until DreamHost sorts out all their issues because right now don’t count on them being reliable at all. Unfortunately for me, I paid 1 year in advance or I would’ve left already.

Michael

PS. Let’s see if DH censors this.

Nope!

We have been having some reliability issues with RAID cards recently — it’s possible that we got a bad batch from our supplier. As your support tech has noted, we’re doing everything we can to get to the bottom of the problem, and we hope to be over this soon.

If you’re not already aware of our DreamHost 100% Uptime Guarantee, you may be interested in it.

That’s laughable 100% uptime guarantee. You’re not guaranteeing 100% uptime you’re saying if we go down we’ll give you credit. That’s completely different than saying you’ll be up 100% of the time. LOL.

i tried, cos i’ve no ftp access and all my sites are down – unfortunately the Dreamhost status page seems to be down too :frowning:

It’s what you would get from any web host. That’s just how it goes.

No offense but that’s just a crummy excuse. If I told my boss that’s just how it goes I’d be out of a job.

Actually there are other hosting companies who give a believable uptime like 99.99% or 99.999% and stand by it. It may be worth cutting my losses and jumping ship.

Actually there are other hosting companies who give a believable uptime like 99.99% or 99.999% and stand by it. It may be worth cutting my losses and jumping ship.

Like to hear the alternatives and if they’re competitively priced to DH. Everything pointed to the fact that DH was one of the best when we signed on but that has not been shown to us over the last two weeks.

Out of respect for DH (I don’t know why), I’d rather not say.

Michael

Understood

It’s interesting that, according to my log files, I continued to see relatively normal traffic during the outage. In fact, I didn’t even know about it until I read this thread just now. Perhaps it wasn’t as extensive as they thought?