Wordress page problem

apps

I have a custom theme for wordpress that all works apart from one small problem.

When I post a page I need to put the <–more–> tag as the first thing in the page, for some reason it won’t show anything before this.

Anyone know why this would be or any way to fix it. There are no problems with posts.

Get [color=#00CC00]$97 DISCOUNT[/color] with [color=#CC0000]DISCOMBO97[/color] >> More Codes

I’m not sure what could be causing that, but just a couple of ideas:

What version of WordPress are you using? The current version is 2.13; maybe an update would help, if you’re not using that version.

What plugins are you using? Maybe something’s going on with one of them.

Jen
http://www.SassyDevil.com/

Am I missing something? I don’t see how the more tag would be used with pages.

A link to the page loads the whole thing, and the linked title links to the same page that’s already loaded.

But a more tag in a post shows what’s before it for previews, but the whole thing when the post is clicked and viewed as a single post.

I would think that a more tag in a page would either be ignored, or it wouldn’t show anything after the tag, but I never tried it.

If there is a way for it to work, then I’m guessing there’s a certain way of calling the page to only see what’s before the more tag–but I’m not sure what it is.

Do you have an example of how you’re using this? I’m just trying to figure out what you would need to use a page for (instead of a post) and why it would need to be broken up.

Plus, if you’re putting the tag first, wouldn’t the object be to only show titles? If that’s the case, that’s how pages are already laid out… so I’m confused. :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Am using 2.13. Tried removing all plugins. Think it is possibly a problem with my theme it works OK if I use another theme. I converted the theme myself but have no idea what the problem could be.

Not to huge problem I just need to put it at the very top of a page I create I can live with it.

I had no idea that did anything with pages either, I spent around 3 hours trying to figure out why it wasn’t showing anything at all other than the title. Adding a more tag was a sort of last resort thing as i had tried everything else, when I added it in the middle of the page it only showed the content after the tag so I just stuck one at the very top.

Basically I am using a page so that I can have something that doesn’t show up in the post categories and I can give the individual page its own custom layout. It is actually the page in my signature for more dreamhost codes.

Get [color=#00CC00]$97 DISCOUNT[/color] with [color=#CC0000]DISCOMBO97[/color] >> More Codes