Wordpress

So big time newbie here and I’m sure I’ll have a lot more questions in the near future! So I’m planning on transferring a Blogger account to Wordpress, and I installed wordpress with the “one click install”. Next I got an email that gave me a bunch of links to do a bunch of things. So far so good! But the links returned this:
"Not Found
The requested URL /spain/wp-admin/install.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

What did I or didn’t I do. Do you need more information? Thanks in advance for any help!

did you ever get this fixed?
i wilbe installing wordpress soon and wouldn’t mind learning what happened in your case

It looks like Obis may have hit a momentary glitch in the one-click installer. If this happens, delete whatever WP files were installed via the installer and try again.

MacManX.com
I don’t work here. I’m just your typical support forum volunteer.

Yes I figured it out though not till I stumbled a bit. I ended up restarting a few times. THe import was a bit difficult till I figured out the ftp stuff for Blogger.

Not sure if I ended up doing it the normal way but I made a sub-domain to import to instead of just a different directory.

I think it’s alright now though.

One other question if anyone is listening: What can I do to get my pictures and links back on my archived posts? i lost all the links to flickr that were there before. Is this unavoidable? Not sure what i did wrong…Oh well… at least it’s working and from now on I’ll have everything…

In your Archives template, replace <?php the_excerpt() ?> with <?php the_content('Read the rest of this entry »'); ?>-----------------
MacManX.com
I don’t work here. I’m just your typical support forum volunteer.