WordPress Users - Help Me With Trackbacks

apps

Hi Folks,

I’m trying to track down a problem with WordPress trackbacks. I send trackbacks to various blogs from time to time like everyone else… and they work. But I’m having trouble figuring out why my blogs aren’t receiving trackbacks. I’ve been troubleshooting all the standard pieces, settings, plug-ins, even htaccess scripts to control spambots. I have not found the reason why pings are not being received.

If you trackback to me using any of my blog article permalinks, you’ll get a message that a ping was sent. But my blog won’t receive it at all. It’s http://ahjira.com if you want to send a trackback from a test blog of yours.

At some point, I was at a loss and decided to test this situation on the blogs of a couple of my friends, also on Dreamhost. Neither of them worked. So that leads me to wonder if there isn’t some underlying configuration situation here at DH that would block an incoming ping from another blog.

Are any of you receiving trackbacks at your DH hosted WP blogs?

Do any of you know of a plug-in or htaccess script or something else that would be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any insights. I’m really stumped on this one.

Suzanne